What you will find here

There are quite a few excellent sites out there on the net full of tutorials for how to fly, how to build, how to tweak and tune. I don't yet have the knowledge to do something like that.

There are even more sites full of reviews of the different aircraft and camera gear. No way do I have the resources to do that.

What the heck am I doing here, then? I'm being Joe in the Street, sharing a passion and exploring a hobby pretty much from square one. I want to share my journey so some other poor guy like me can take a break from the cool youtube videos of people doing awesome things with quads and FPV, from the reviews of the latest and greatest, and from the mind-boggling myriad of tutorials and instead, sit back with a cup of coffee, grin, slap his/her forehead and say "Yes! I did that! I know what he's talking about!"

So, no fancy reviews, no enlightening tutorials, no stunning videos of amazing flight. Just (hopefully) a good read to let you know you aren't alone as you are just getting started, or perhaps to reminisce and remember that you, the greatest FPV Quad pilot on the internet started out somewhere, doing something like this ...

Thursday 19 June 2014

FPV way ahead of schedule

So, did I mention that I have an amazing wife?  Okay, pretty much once per post, but it's true.  Why this time?  Well, long story short (long story involving Luna sandals and a crocodile (Not making this up.  Don't ask)) she said I really should go get the Hubsan with FPV (Being the Hubsan X4 H107D) PLUS the goggles.  For real.  This is probably a year ahead of schedule.  I was kind of dreaming and imagining a christmas/birthday present.  But ... well, just wow.

Once again, battery in the car charger on the way home, switch over the batteries from Little Red, load it all up, and wait for the kids to get in bed.  Once they were down I was out with my new FPV Quad.  It was already getting fairly dark (yes, even here in Sweden, around mid-summer) so I only put two batteries through it, and the FPV was pretty murky.  I'll fly more tomorrow and get a better feel for it, but for now, suffice it to say: YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome! Just be nice. This is a family-friendly blog.